So it's a full week into December and it truly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! This week in Glasgow we've had snow followed by ice meaning winter is upon us and lots of decorations are beginning to appear out and about. In our house, we do the whole 12 days of Christmas thing and wait until the 13th to put up our tree and then take it down 12 days after Christmas. We're going for a gingham theme this year so I'm intending to buy quite a lot of it at work this weekend!
Other than that, I've been crazy busy with uni work. Today I handed in my last piece of coursework; a full VM plan for our own store. We were to search for a shop, shop-fit it and then devise a visual merchandising scheme for it. It was a lot of hard work but I thoroughly enjoyed doing it and I'm hoping for a good mark! But the hard work ain't over yet, I have my final and only exam next Monday and I'm not looking forward to it :( but it's got to be done so nest week starts the proper revision for it!
In between that, I had some of the girls from work over last Saturday night to work on some sewing projects together and have a good gossip! I managed to get my dress for our work night out finished and I'm soo pleased with how it turned out!
The main part of the dress is brocade from work that's from Gratacos (remember I made that other dress with fabric from them?) and the sweetheart yoke is a plain duchess satin. It's McCalls M6460 which isn't a style that I'd normally go for but it turns out it suits me quite well. We originally had the plan to all make the same pattern for our night out and two us have but I wonder who'll notice? It's also a really easy pattern to sew up, I got it all cut out, sewn and overlocked in the one night. Oh and notice how I stuck in a pic of my overlocked seams? I'm never gonna get tired of showing people how lovely they look :)
Finally, here's my round-up of whats caught my interest this week
1. Not a sewing post, but rather, my favourite review of the Chanel Show held in Linlithgow this week.
2. I went throught a phase of blinging up my beanie hats and I'm rather tempted to revert back and do this one by P.S. I Made this...
3. Another amazing DIY from A Pair and a Spare, this time a baroque inspired jumper.
4. This NYC fabric store sounds amazing, will need to find an excuse to go back and visit it!
5. Even if you're not taking part in the sew-along, being able to draft your own pencil skirt is still a pretty good skill to have, find out how here!
So that's me for this week. I can't wait for this next week to be over so I can relax and get on with some festive cheer and Christmas crafting!