Lately I've been seeing a lot of awards popping up around the blogs I follow and I've been super happy for the recipients and have loved seeing their random facts. And what do you know? I've been awarded the Liebster award from the lovely Ashley over at The Craft Sanctuary! Thank you soo much Ashley!The Liebster Blog Award Rules:
I've always been terrible at random facts, but here are my 11:
1. I'm allergic to cows milk. This is not to be confused with a lactose intolerance as I can happily have lactose but not all the other parts of milk!
2. I'm terrified of birds. I don't know why but every time I walk past pigeons I tense up and hold my breath. It's hilarious to everyone around me.
3. I was born on the day Margaret Thatcher resigned from being Prime Minister. Apparently that news was bigger than my arrival into the world! Ha
4. My favourite books are the Twilight Saga. I'm also pretty proud to say that I read it when I was 15 before it was cool. My copy of Twilight has the original cover, not the apple!
5. I currently sing soprano in two choirs; my church choir and the larger God With Us Choir.
6. Music is a big part of my life. I always have iTunes on whenever I'm at my computer and could sit for hours with it on shuffle. This also goes for having earphones permanently attached. Oh and I don't listen to the radio.
7. Another musical one: my taste in music is pretty varied! My favourite bands are Hedley, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Funeral For A Friend. I also however frequently listen to 5ive, Backstreet Boys and Meat Loaf. My library also includes many Musicals, Celine Dion, The Spice Girls, Rascal Flatts, Lady Gaga and a lot of power ballads. See, varied.
8. When I was little, my dream job was to be the Narrator in Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. This evolved into an Accountant and then some sort of physicist. Now, when I grow up, I want to be a Visual Merchandiser (but I'd still take that Narrator role in a heartbeat!)
9. Before I really started sewing I rarely wore dresses and skirts. I have no idea why this was or what changed. I went from having 12 pairs of jeans to only 3. I now have more skirts and dress than I'd like to count.
10. This isn't random, cause everyone who knows me is well aware of this, but I have ridiculously curly hair! When I was little it was a proper afro and I had to have a reverse perm to stop it growing out and encourage it to grow down.
11. Ever since I could talk, I've been telling people I'm going to move to Canada. And I still haven't given up on that one!
And the 11 questions Ashley wanted to know the answer to:
1. Do you have a favorite pattern? (Sewing, knitting, crochet, whatever.)
Um, probably Vogue 8815, the infamous peplum top that I've made too many times! It's so versatile, I've adapted it to make two jackets and you have the options of different sleeves making it easy to be made a dressy or casual pattern.
2. What was the last thing you made?
Last night I made a simple top using Marc Jacobs silk I had in my stash from when I went to NYC.
3. What is your favorite print? (dots, stripes, floral) Or, do you like solids better? If you like solids, what's your favorite color?
I like lots of prints depending on my mood! I'm currently loving galaxy prints and traditional African prints as they're so bright. Marc Jacobs put Cara Delevingne in an awesome African style print top and trouser set at his Marc by Marc Jacobs show the other day!
4. What is a typical day like for you?
Being a student, I don't really have a typical day. I have quite a light timetable so I'm usually in uni for a bit then either at work or at home. I work every weekend and don't really do clubbing unless its a special occasion! My spare time is filled sewing and other fashion related activities!
5. Where is your favorite place?
Niagara Falls. Without a doubt.
6. What do you do when you're feeling down?
Put my head phones in and read a book. It's always nice to escape when I feel rubbish!
7. What is your crafting space like?
It's not so much of a space, as corner of my room! I've been meaning to do a post on it. Since I still live at home I try not to spread out too much, although my overlocker does currently reside on the kitchen table as it's too big to go anywhere else. In my room, I use my floor for cutting and have my sewing machine set up at the desk next to my window. I love sewing during the day with natural light. It's quite neat on space but my dad put in shelves below the desk that pull out to store fabric and tools. I only have my essentials and pretty tools on display!
8. Which blogs do you look to for inspiration?
Loads. I read lots of different blogs for lots of different reasons. There are many fashion ones that I couldn't even start to list. Sewing wise, I'm currently inspired by Kazz. She's so edgy and her makes are impeccable! Also anyone who's a member of the Mood Sewing Network is up there too!
9. Would you rather live by the sea or the mountains?
The Mountains. My parents always took me skiing as a child and we had a house in Aviemore which is in the heart of the Cairngorms. I loved it there. And there's no better feeling that racing down a mountain on a set of skis!
10. What's your favorite meal?
Marks and Spencer Honey Roast Ham Joint with M&S potato Rosti's and sweetcorn. We have it at least once a week.11. What makes you happier than anything else?
And here are the 11 bloggers who I'm passing this award on to:
1. Kerry at Kestrel Makes and Finds
2. Zoe at ZoSews
4. Stevie at BeeBee's Vintage Dress
5. Fiona at Diary of a Chain Stitcher
6. Claire at Errant Pear
7. Nessa at Nessa's Place
8. Katie at The Little Red Squirrel
9. Kathryn at Yes, I Like That
10. Liz at The Cataloguer
11. Gabrielle at Up Sew Late
And ladies, the 11 questions I'd like to ask you!
1. What is your favourite project that you've made? (sewing, knitting etc.)
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. Online fabric shopping: yes or no?
4. What essentials could you not leave your house without?
5. Who are your fantasy dinner party guests?
6. What inspires you to craft?
7. What is your most visited website? (Facebook/Twitter not allowed!)
8. What are the top 5 most played songs in your iTunes/Music library?
9. What is the background on your desktop/phone home screen?
10. What is your favourite TV programme?
11. Do you prefer working stretch or woven fabrics?
Now that you all know me a little better, head over to Ashley's blog to find out all about her and check out those lovely ladies I've passed this award on to! :)