I've made a few versions of the Roxanne Tunic, although I don't think I've shared them all here before? I love this pattern. The shape makes it ridiculously comfortable and although it's tricky to make, the collar makes this top soo unusual. I wrote at the beginning of the year about PDF Patterns (where I mentioned the first version of this I'd made) and how they are worth the effort involved as they tend to be more trend led and quirky than those from the commercial companies. And there's also the advantage that you get the pattern instantly and can get to work. If you're not up for putting together a PDF pattern, Victory Patterns are now available in printed format.
Now, let's talk about this fabric. I picked this up whilst I was on my cruise in the summer, from a tiny shop in Naples. I had wanted to go fabric shopping in Rome but all the shops closed for siesta when we tried to go to them. So when we were in Naples I googled fabric shops and found two. They were both family run and filled floor to ceiling with fabrics of all types and colours. This fabric is a digital print viscose but feels amazing and from looking at it, noone would ever know it wasn't silk. There are only two negative things about it. 1. The price. For a 1.5m piece, it was 40euros! But it was too pretty to pass up! 2. It's very static-y! You can see it in the first photo where it's stuck to my jeans!
I've worn this top a few times now. It works well with jeans, leggings anad can even be tucked into some of my skirts so it's pretty versatile. If I was to make it again, I think I might add sleeves so it could be more winter wear appropriate.
I'll leave you with the same picture I gave you in the sneak peak post, the collar. I adore the collar of this pattern. It's tricky to do to ensure the pleating is correct and that there isn't too much bulk in the seams. In this fabric it wasn't too bad, but in previous versions I've found that a lot of bulk builds up at the center front which causes the collar to fold out the way rather than remain with the facing piece. Under-stitching helps but I'll need to come up with a better way of reducing the bulk!